Applicants for PA positions must provide the original report results for each of the three clearances at the time of the group interview:
1. PATCH (Pennsylvania Access to Criminal History)
The PATCH clearance can be accessed here. The cost is $10.00. The results will be online immediately.
- If you receive a report stating there is no history, print it and bring it with you to your interview.
- If you receive a report stating it is “Under Review”, the state police will take a closer look at your record before providing a report. You could receive “Under Review” for a variety of reasons including a name change or a criminal history. You may check the status of the report online. You can print the online report or bring the results which will be mailed to you; reports could take up to 4 weeks to receive. You should not come to an interview until you receive a complete report.
2. Child Abuse History
The Child Abuse History Clearance form can be accessed here The cost is $10.00. The report could take 2-4 weeks.
A few tips on this form:
- The purpose of the clearance is ‘Childcare’
- You may leave ‘previous addresses’ blank if you have only lived at your present address
- Your ‘household members’ should include EVERYONE who has lived with you since 1975. You do not need to list college roommates.
- Don’t forget to sign at the bottom!
3. FBI Fingerprinting
Before your interview, you will need to have your fingerprints taken for an FBI background check. The results will be mailed to you in 3-5 business days
Fingerprints may be taken at a number of approved Cogent System sites around Philadelphia (see below). You must take the following steps order to have your fingerprints taken:
- First, register online at www.cogentid.com. The registration cost is $27.50 and must be paid for by credit card. If you do not have a credit card, call one of the Cogent sites and inquire about an alternative process for registering and payment.
- Make sure to indicate your information should be through the Department of Public Welfare ( Applicant Registration for Department of Welfare)
- Print your registration summary sheet which includes the registration number
- When you go in to get fingerprinted, take your registration summary sheet with the registration number, and a current, valid, and unexpired photo id with you.
As a primary form of picture identification, you may use one of the following:
- Driver’s License
- State Identification Card
- US Passport
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
South Street Business Center
744 South Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Monday thru Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
UPS Store #2473
3720 Spruce Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Mon – Fri 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Philadelphia School District Office
440 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19130-4090
Monday-Thursday 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
A Second Chance, Inc.
Penn Treaty Park Place
1341 North Delaware Ave, Suite 101
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Wednesday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
First Saturday of Month 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
Holy Family University
9801 Frankford Ave
Campus Center, Security Room 101
Philadelphia, PA 19114
Mon – Fri 10:30 am – 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm to 8:00 pm